Search results for "Dies"
We searched IndustryNet for products and services. Make a selection below.
❯❯ Products & Services
DIES (98 companies)
DIES - Carbide (14 companies)
DIES - Cut-Off, Flying (3 companies)
DIES - Cutting (42 companies)
DIES - Diamond (2 companies)
DIES - Die Casting (9 companies)
DIES - Drop Forging (6 companies)
DIES - Ejection Material (1 company)
DIES - Embossing (5 companies)
DIES - Extrusion (24 companies)
DIES - Flexible (3 companies)
DIES - Heat Sealing (2 companies)
DIES - Hot Stamping (3 companies)
DIES - Label (1 company)
DIES - Laser Cutting (3 companies)
DIES - Magnesium (2 companies)
DIES - Plastic Extrusion (5 companies)
DIES - Precision (5 companies)
DIES - Press Brake (7 companies)
DIES - Progressive (30 companies)
DIES - Rotary (14 companies)
DIES - Stamping (71 companies)
DIES - Steel (11 companies)
DIES - Steel Rule (175 companies)
DIES - Thread Rolling (6 companies)
DIES - Threading (0 companies)
DIES - Wire Coating (2 companies)
DIESEL ENGINE ACCESSORIES (20 companies)
DIESEL ENGINES - Sales & Service (19 companies)
DIESEL INJECTION REPAIR (3 companies)
ANTIBODIES - Custom (15 companies)
BUS BODIES (2 companies)
CLINICAL STUDIES & TRIALS (3 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Portable Diesel (5 companies)
DIE CAST DIES (14 companies)
DUMP TRUCK BODIES (20 companies)
ENGINES - Diesel (261 companies)
ENGINES - Rebuilt Diesel (73 companies)
FUEL - Biodiesel (5 companies)
FUEL - Diesel (27 companies)
FUEL INJECTION SYSTEMS - Diesel (33 companies)
GENERATORS - Diesel (30 companies)
HATS - Ladies' (13 companies)
MOLDS AND DIES (65 companies)
PELLETIZING DIES (1 company)
PUMPS - Diesel Fuel Injection (10 companies)
TOOLS AND DIES (2,215 companies)
TRANSFER DIES (2 companies)
TRUCK BODIES (413 companies)
TRUCKS - Diesel (4 companies)
Dies represent the tools used in the manufacturing industries, specialized for cutting or shaping material, and it is mostly being done by a press. The dies are usually customized to have the shape of the object that they will create. The items that are made with the use of dies, go from the simple paper clips,to quite complex parts that are used in the assembling process of advanced technology products.
The making of dies is done by die makers, and the use of tools, and after the completion, the dies are mounted into a press and used for production.The die represents a metal block used for forming materials such as plastic and sheet metal . When it comes to plastic, for, plastic sheet, the method that is used is called the vacuum forming, and it is used to create transparent plastic containers used for merchandising. When it comes to metal, for example, car body parts, the forming of the sheet metal can be done with two die parts: the one that performs the bending, stretching, or blanking operations, is known as the punch, while the other part, which is in charge of securely clamping the workpiece, and performing similar operations as the punch,is known as the die block. In order to gain the final shape, different tools or operations in different stages, can be applied to the workpiece. For example, when it comes to vehicle components, usually there are multiple operations performed before the component is ready for assembly. After the main forming is finished,the shearing operation is performed, and after that, crimping or rolling operations are performed in order to ensure that every sharp edge is hidden, and that the panel possesses rigidity.
The main parts of a die tool set are:
- Die block - This is the main part, and every other part is attached to the die block.
- Punch plate - This part I in charge of holding different punches in place, as well as supporting them.
- Blank punch - This is a part that, together with the blank die, produces the blanked part.
- Pierce punch - This is a part that, together with the pierce die, is used for the removing of the parts from the finished blanked part.
- Stripper plate - This part is in charge of holding the material down on the blank or pierce die, and for stripping the material off the punches.
- Pilot - This is a part that helps with placing the sheet accurately for the next stage of operation.
- Guide, back gauge, or finger stop – All of these parts are in charge of making sure that the material that’s being worked on, is placed in the same position as the one before, inside the die.
- Stop block - This role of this part is to control how deep the punch goes into the die.
- Shank – This part is in charge of holding in the presses, and it is supposed to be aligned and situated at the plate’s center of gravity.
Can't find what you're looking for? IndustryNet is powered by real people. Contact us for assistance.