Search results for "Scrap"
We searched IndustryNet for products, services, companies, and brand names. Make a selection below.
❯❯ Products & Services
SCRAP AND RECYCLED MATERIALS - Wholesale (1,822 companies)
SCRAP CHOPPERS (1 company)
SCRAP IRON & METAL RECYCLING (136 companies)
SCRAP METAL PROCESSING (555 companies)
SCRAP PLASTIC PROCESSING (3 companies)
SCRAPBOOKING SUPPLIES (13 companies)
BALERS - Scrap Metal (1 company)
FILM SCRAP (0 companies)
IRON - Scrap (9 companies)
NICKEL ALLOY SCRAP PROCESSING (2 companies)
PAPER SCRAP COLLECTION SYSTEMS (0 companies)
PIPE SCRAPERS (1 company)
PLASTICS - Scrap (14 companies)
PVC - Scrap (1 company)
STAINLESS STEEL SCRAP PROCESSING (3 companies)
A F Scrap & Steel (Lockridge, IA)
A-1 Auto Salvage & Scrap, LLC (Ypsilanti, MI)
A-1 Scrap Processing (St. Joseph, MO)
ABC Salvage & Scrap Metal (Little Rock, AR)
Acadia Scrap & Salvage, Inc. (Crowley, LA)
Ace Scrap Metal Processors (St. Louis, MO)
Acme Scrap, Inc., Div. Of K & L Auto Crushers, LLC (Great Bend, KS)
Admiral Scrap Metal Co., Inc. (Phoenix, AZ)
Advance Scraping Co. (Dryden, MI)
AKAT Scrap Metal, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
All Fiber & Scrap Recycling, LLC (Jackson, TN)
All Scrap Metals, LLC (Kenner, LA)
All Scrap Salvage Co., Inc. (Cleveland, OH)
Allied Scrap Processors, Inc. (Lakeland, FL)
Al's Scrap Metals (Gladwin, MI)
American Scrap (Stillwater, OK)
American Scrap Metal (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
American Scrap Metal (Dallas, TX)
American Scrap Metal Services, Inc. (Alsip, IL)
American Scrap Metal, Inc. (Everett, MA)
Anderson County Scrap & Salvage (Palestine, TX)
Arizona Scrap Iron & Metals, Inc. (Phoenix, AZ)
Arrow Scrap Corp. (Wheatley Heights, NY)
Atlas Scrap (Dallas, TX)
Baltimore Scrap Corp. (Baltimore, MD)
Belson Steel Center Scrap, Inc. (Bourbonnais, IL)
Berkeley Scrap Metal (Moncks Corner, SC)
Berlinsky Scrap Corp. (Joliet, IL)
Booth Scrap & Iron Co., Calvin (Clay City, IL)
Bros. Scrap Metals, Inc. (Orlando, FL)
❯❯ Brand Names
Unlike waste, scrap has monetary value especially recovered metals and non-metallic materials.
Scrap is normally taken to wrecking yard (also known as scrap-yard), junkyard or breaker’s yard where it is processed for later melting into new products.
The primary value of scrap is what the smelter will pay for it, rather the value of whatever shape, the metal maybe in.In instances where the wrecker cannot sell something above the value of the metal in it, the scrap is then taken to the scrap-yard and sold by its weight.
Taking apart and separating metals is important to making more money on scrap.
There are two categories of scrap metals:
• Metals which are left over from industrial manufacturing operations and is called industrial metal
• Metals that are collected from used metal products and iare known as obsoletes
How scrap is sorted:
• A magnet is used to determine ferrous and non-ferrous materials than can help recyclers make more money on their metal recycling. When a magnet sticks to the metal, it will be a ferrous material like steel or iron
• For large scrap, a variety of equipment is used to reduce the size of large scrap materials into smaller pieces to enable consolidation, shipment and feeding into furnaces. Equipment use, include shears, flatteners, torch cutting and turning crusher.
• Shredders or fragmentizers are used to reduce old automobiles hulks into fist-sized pieces using massive hammer-mills.
• Non-ferrous like copper, aluminum, brass and stainless steel do not stick to magnet
• Ferrous is usually a less expensive item that is recycled but usually recycled in larger quantities of thousands of pounds.
• Non-ferrous metals are higher priced and are important to separate when recycling
• The prices of non-ferrous metals also tend to fluctuate more than ferrous metals
Recycling metal is well established for the steel industry and there has been a significant increase in the use of recycled scrap.
Recyclable scrap metals can be quite beneficial to the environment. For example, using scrap metal in place of virgin iron ore can yield:
• 75% savings on energy
• 90% savings in raw materials used
• 86% reduction in air pollution
• 76% reduction in water pollution
• 97% reduction in mining waste
Energy savings from other metals include:
• Aluminum savings of 95% energy
• Copper savings of 65% energy
• Lead savings of 65% energy
• Zinc savings of 60% energy
How scrap metal works:
• Metals are sorted on the basis of their properties
• Environmental hazards are identified and corrected
• Scrap metal is melted with similar properties in a larger furnace
• Each metal has a speciality designed furnace, depending on it’s properties
The steel industry is comprised of integrated steel mills which produce iron and steel from ores, however some scrap is used. The BOF process uses a minimal of 25% steel scrap The secondary steel industry known as mini-mills uses 100% scrap.
Sources Of Steel Scrap:
The iron and steel industry recycles three types of scraps.
Home – internally generated in the steel production process when steel mills and foundries manufacture new steel products. This form of scrap rarely leaves the steel making production area. It is returned to the furnace on site and melted again
New Scrap – also called prompt or industrial scrap is generated in steel products manufacturing plants and include items such as turnings, clippings and stamping left over when a part is made during manufacturing processes. This material is sold to the scrap metal industry that processes it for sale to steel mills and foundries.
Old Scrap – or post-consumer scrap results when industrial and consumer steel products such as automobiles, appliances, buildings, bridges, ships, cans, railroad cars etc, have served their useful life.
• Negotiate deals that tie scrap payments to a published index
• Insist that each invoice shows a photocopy of the relevant data used
• Check dealers data frequently against an independent source of pricing information
• Ensure you receive payment for all your scrap
• Be cautious of a dealer who promises more than the market value prices
Can't find what you're looking for? IndustryNet is powered by real people. Contact us for assistance.