Compressors on IndustryNet
We searched IndustryNet for products and services. Make a selection below.
❯❯ Products & Services
COMPRESSORS (135 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Air (428 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Air Conditioning (15 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Breathing Air (8 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Bullgear (1 company)
COMPRESSORS - Centrifugal (10 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Diaphragm (1 company)
COMPRESSORS - Gas (79 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Liquid Ring (3 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Natural Gas (33 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Nitrogen (1 company)
COMPRESSORS - Portable Diesel (5 companies)
COMPRESSORS - Rebuilt (1 company)
COMPRESSORS - Refrigeration (23 companies)
AIR COMPRESSORS - Rebuilt (30 companies)
COMPRESSED AIR AUDITS (4 companies)
COMPRESSED AIR PIPING (5 companies)
COMPRESSOR BEARINGS (1 company)
COMPRESSOR DIFFUSERS (1 company)
COMPRESSOR MP3 CONTROLLER BOARD REPAIR (1 company)
COMPRESSOR PARTS (60 companies)
COMPRESSOR RENTAL (12 companies)
COMPRESSOR REPAIR KITS (4 companies)
COMPRESSOR REPAIR SERVICES (21 companies)
CONTROLS - Air Compressor (3 companies)
DRYERS - Compressed Air (32 companies)
FILTERS - Compressed Air (14 companies)
FITTINGS - Compression (1 company)
GASES - Compressed (40 companies)
GASKETS - Compressor (1 company)
IMPELLERS - Compressor (1 company)
LUBRICANTS - Air Compressor (2 companies)
LUBRICANTS - Gas Compressor (1 company)
MOLDS - Compression (1 company)
OILS - Compressor (4 companies)
PINIONS - Compressor (1 company)
PLASTIC COMPRESSION MOLDING (18 companies)
PURGE CONTROL SYSTEMS - Compressor (0 companies)
RECIPROCATING COMPRESSORS (7 companies)
SCREW COMPRESSORS (8 companies)
SCROLL COMPRESSORS (3 companies)
SEALS - Compressor (1 company)
SPRINGS - Compression (28 companies)
TURBO COMPRESSORS (1 company)
VALVES - Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) (1 company)
VALVES - Compression (1 company)
VALVES - Compressor (23 companies)
A compressor is a kind of mechanical device, similar to a pump, that converts the power into a potential energy, stored in compressed air.
Precisely, how it works:
• The compressor forces a lot of air into a storage tank, building up the pressure.
• When a tank pressure reaches its upper limit, the compressor shuts down.
• The compressed air is all the time in the tank until it needs to be used.
• Compressed air is nothing more than the energy that find its use in a various branches of industry.
• When a tank pressure reaches its lower limit, the compressor turns on and start re-building up the pressure.
If you decide to buy a compressor, you should check the characteristics of the one you want because there are many types of this device and you should know what you buy.For example, the functioning of the compressors depends on many factors like:
- Pressure at discharge
- Type of refrigerant being used
- Speed of rotation and
- Pressure at suction
So it is obvious that you should consult with the producers and find out information like: the type of the operation, price, the machine configuration, the operating cost…
If you didn’t know, there are many types of compressors, but the most used are:
• Rotary compressors – you can find them in your home, in freezers and refrigerators. They are low capacity equipment and usually consists of one vane (and if there is more than a one vane, it is located in the rotor).
• Centrifugal compressors – they have a high number of RPMs, and thanks to the use of centrifugal force the refrigerant is compressed. This type of compressors is mostly used for chilling water in air conditioning/or other freezing purposes.
• Reciprocating Compressors - you have two kinds of reciprocating compressors: hermetic compressors and open compressors.
Hermetic Compressors are made hermetic, meaning that the motor and compressor are placed in the same housing. There are also the welded hermetic compressors, which come with the compressor and the motor sealed in shell that is welded.
Open Compressors come with one extremity of the crankshaft extending out of the crankcase, which allows the use of multiple drives.Checking external seepage of refrigerant and oil, as well as the inside escaping air, is done with a mechanical seal. These types of compressors are run by electric motors or internal combustion engines. With the changing of the dimensions of the pulleys on the belt drive, changes in speed are possible, while on the other hand, the compressors that come with the direct drive units, are operating at the same speed as the motor.
Can't find what you're looking for? IndustryNet is powered by real people. Contact us for assistance.