Environmental on IndustryNet
We searched IndustryNet for products and services. Make a selection below.
❯❯ Products & Services
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE EQUIPMENT (1 company)
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANTS (88 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL CONTAINMENT PADS - Portable (0 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLS (22 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY SERVICES (10 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT (5 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING EQUIPMENT (22 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCTS (19 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL REMEDIATION SERVICES (21 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL ROOMS (4 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (98 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS (19 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY (0 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL TEST EQUIPMENT (11 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING SERVICES (14 companies)
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKFORCE TRAINING (3 companies)
AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS - Environmentally Friendly (9 companies)
CHAMBERS - Environmental Test (19 companies)
CLEANING COMPOUNDS - Environmental (10 companies)
ENGINEERS - Environmental (47 companies)
LABORATORIES - Environmental (14 companies)
Environmental sustainability is taking the responsible decision and finding innovative ways that help to mitigate negative impact and enhance positive impacts on the environment by considering the following:
• Entire life cycle of products
• Use of by-products
• Energy and water management
Steel has limited environmental impact due to the following:
• 100 percent recycleable
Steel’s properties enable it to suit a variety of product application for which there are no energy and cost-effective substitutes.
Steel products help to meet society’s needs while contributing to environmental sustainability.
Steel saves on the use of natural resources. Significant proportion of today’s new steel is already being made from recycled steel.
Durability is one of the key properties that make steel a sustainable material while allowing for the reuse of countless products.
Paper clips to automotive parts to components of rail tracks and wind turbines, can all be remanufactured for reuse by taking advantage of the durability the steel components.
Remanufacturing restores durable used steel products to like and new condition.
Both reuse and remanufacturing extend the overall life and thereby contributes to saving valuable resources.
Once steel is produced, its life cycle is potentially endless because it is easy to recover with magnets and is on hundred percent recyclable without loss of quality.
• The solution to infrastructure and construction needs - lighter than most other materials and pre-fabricated materials are delivered on site. Environmental sustainability is achieved by: reducing transportation and fuel use as less materials are required, minimizing waste, on-site storage, noise pollution and making building sites clean, safe, dry and dust-free.
• It is the material to build climate resilient cities and coastal protection
• It’s protective design minimizes the impact of natural disasters
Steel has an important role in clean production technology that Contributes to environmental sustainability.
Wind energy is a good example of steel’s contribution to environments sustainability.
Every part of a wind turbine depends on steel and iron.
A wind turbine is a machine that converts the wind kinetic energy with rotary mechanical energy, which is then used to do work.The rotational energy is converted into electricity, the most versatile form of energy by using a generator.
A wind turbine creates no pollution. By comparison, coal, oil and natural gas, produce one to two pounds of carbon dioxide, which is an emission that contributes to the green house effect and global warming.
Main components of a wind turbine are:
• The tower -consist of either a steel lattice lower or a sheet tubular tower
• The nacelle - the strong hollow shell that contains the inner workings of the wind turbine contains the main drive shaft and the gearbox. The generator and electronic controls are standard equipments whose main components are steel and copper.
• Rotator -is manufactured by bolting sheets of aluminum together.
Also, most of the steel in a wind turbine is the tower.
About ninety percent of all wind turbine towers are tubular steel towers.
Steel production has an impact on environmental sustainability. It is however, out numbered by it’s environmental advantages.
Research has demonstrated that there is a definite link between the level of development of a region and its use of steel.
Can't find what you're looking for? IndustryNet is powered by real people. Contact us for assistance.